Accuplacer outcomes can help pupils to decide on accordingly whenever registering for classes. Pupils who possess finished school that is high a 2.7 GPA or maybe more from in the previous decade don’t need to make the English sections of this Accuplacer. Pupils who possess finished school that is high a 2.7 GPA or maybe more from in the previous three years need not simply take the mathematics parts of the Accuplacer. Submit your transcripts towards the Admissions office and talk to a consultant about which test parts you might have to take.
In regards to the Test
The positioning test is delivered via computer making use of Accuplacer, provided by university Board.
On Test Day:
- Intend on testing more or less 2 hours. The size of the session will differ for every student.
- A photograph I.D. is necessary ahead of the test may be administered with no meals, beverages, electronics, or other individual things are allowed within the evaluating space.
- Relatives and buddies may perhaps perhaps maybe not come with pupils in to the evaluating space. Anybody not testing, including moms and dads and kiddies, won’t be allowed in testing areas. To get more information review our guest/visitor policies.
- exact exact Same time retests aren’t permitted. For details on MWCC’s retest policy please relate to the College Catalog.
The test is split into 2 English sections and math that is 1-2. For all about exacltly what the positioning scores mean, here please check.
Campuses & Scheduling
Position screening can be obtained in the Gardner, Leominster, and Devens campuses. Students testing for MWCC will need to have recently been accepted into the university. Phone ahead if evaluation for a various college.
- Walk–In testing: Monday-Friday 8:30am–1:00pm and also Tuesdays at 5:00pm.
- By visit screening: For August, appointments are for sale to Mondays at 5:30pm, Tuesdays at 1:00pm and 4:00pm, and Thursdays at 1:00pm. Starting in appointments are available for Mondays at 5:30pm, Tuesdays at 1:00pm and 4:00pm, and Fridays at 9am september. Phone 978-630-9813 or 978-630-9812 to schedule.
- By visit evaluation: for, appointments are available for Thursday mornings at 9am august. Beginning in appointments are available for Wednesday mornings at 9:00am september. Use the Testing Appointment Calendar or call 978-630-9569 to schedule.
Get yourself ready for the Test
Students should review study materials ahead of screening. Sign up for College Board’s student portal right here: Accuplacer scholar Portal. This website includes the after features:
- Practice Resources, such as for instance study guides and test tests that assistance you go through the kinds of concerns become expected on test time
- Score Report, that allows one to access your scores online
- Test Center Locator, which enables you to find an evaluating location near to house (if you undertake to try at another college, please call us for further instruction ahead of assessment)
You can print out of the research guides right right here:
(Note: Accuplacer phone apps aren’t developed by university Board and so are not advised for use.)
Sign up for a mandatory smart begin occasion once you have finished the positioning test. At SMART begin you will read about your test ratings, program positioning, and course schedule.
Note: Students in Dual Enrollment, Gateway, and Pathways programs do not go to SMART begin.
Asking for ratings from MWCC Test ratings won’t be provided to anybody apart from the test that is actual without written permission through the test taker.
- Them sent someplace else, you could deliver a message from your own MWCC account to firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to request your ratings, or have. Add your title, MWCC ID # (or date of delivery), your telephone number, approximate test times, the name associated with the recipient/institution, in addition to target, e-mail, or fax where they must be delivered.
- In the place of utilizing an MWCC e-mail account, you may possibly finish and signal the Accuplacer Score Request form and fax to 978-630-9278 or scan and e-mail to email@example.com.
- Ratings are often released by demand from the designee (such as for instance a spouse or parent) noted on a FERPA (FamilyEducationalRighttoPrivacyAct) waiver type. When you have perhaps not finished an application and want to, or like to make modifications, contact the reports workplace at 978-630-9106.
Sending Scores to MWCC from Another School If you took Accuplacer at an alternative college and would really like for MWCC to really have the ratings, you have to contact one other college to request the score report be sent right to Testing Services at MWCC.
- Rating reports will simply be accepted if delivered right to MWCC Testing Services from one other college. Ratings aren’t legitimate if a lot more than three years old. You really need to talk about your ratings having an Advisor.
- Schools may send Accuplacer score states to Testing Services by fax: 978-630-9278 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rooms for Students with Disabilities
To request reasonable accommodations for assessment, please contact pupil Services at 978-630-9855 just before scheduling the test.
MWCC can use your test outcomes for information collection and analysis that is statistical to analyze. Your name will never be contained in any extensive research task.